Photos from the Heroes Homecoming announcement. Heroes Homecoming is a 10-day celebration to give Vietnam veterans the welcome home they never received, which will take place November 2011.
Mayor Tony Chavonne announces the Heroes Homecoming event at Freedom Memorial Park on Veterans Day 2010
Mayor Chavonne, Lien Sherman (a representative of the native-born Vietnamese community) and Bob Graveen (a representative of the Vietnam veteran community) unveil the Heroes Homecoming logo
Bob Graveen speaks about his involvement with Heroes Homecoming
Photos from the second BRAC Relocation Orientation Weekend held by the Army’s Army
Relocating families get information from Fort Bragg Credit Union during the partner meet and greet at the Airborne & Special Operations Museum (ASOM)
Relocating families are treated to a private tour of the ASOM
Orientation Weekend attendees enjoy a front row view of the International Folk Festival
John Meroski speaks to relocating military families
Relocating military families gather in front of the Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Photos from Fort Bragg’s July 4th Celebration, Operation Celebrate Freedom 2010
- The Iron Mike Award, given to the Army’s Army for its work with military families
- John Meroski, chairman of the Army’s Army, with the Iron Mike Award
- Stacy Strauss with Lt. Gen. Frank Helmick, commanding general of the XVIII Airborne Corps and Ft. Bragg
Photos from Glory Days 2010, Fayetteville’s annual Memorial Day celebration.
- Visitors to the Army’s Army Glory Days booth
- Welcome to Glory Days 2010
- Army’s Army booth visitors
- The Army’s Army Glory Days booth
- Army’s Army Mobile Recruitment Center
Photos from the Army’s Army BRAC Orientation Weekend in April 2010.
- Army’s Army Partners at the Relocation Orientation Fair
- Army’s Army members act as “buddies” for relocating families
- More Army’s Army partners at the relocation information fair
- Representatives from the Crown Center, an Army’s Army partner
- A representative from Food Lion, an Army’s Army partner
- Relocating military families hear about all Fayetteville has to offer
Photos of the Army’s Army volunteering for Fort Bragg MWR’s annual “Trees for Troops” event where Christmas trees are given to soldiers and their families, free of cost.
- Army’s Army Executive Director of Operations Janine West
- Janine West and Stacy Strauss, Army’s Army director of sales
- Fort Bragg Soldiers with their trees
- A Fort Bragg Soldier straps a tree to his motorcycle
Photos from Ft. Bragg’s July 4th Operation Celebration Freedom where the Army’s Army handed out donated G.I. Joe action figures from Hasbro.
Here you’ll find a complete archive of Sanctuary and the Army’s Army photos you can use. Download a zipped folder of these images, all high-res here.
Sanctuary Declaration Event
Field of Honor Flags
Signing Up Members for The Army’s Army
New Army's Army members
Army paratrooper landing before the ceremony.
Brigadier General Arthur Bartell of Fort Bragg expresses his gratitude to the charter members.
Charter members pledge their commitment to the Army's Army.